Through the ages, many have tried to define that ethereal, magical notion of love. Mere words can seem inadequate, but often they're all we have to put voice to our deepest feelings and yearnings.
To turn your heart to thoughts of love, we've turned to some of the wisest spiritual teachers and gathered 10 quotes that celebrate love--in all of its beautiful complexity.
1. "You yourself, as much as anybody in the universe, deserve your love and affection."
2. "When two love each other, the very angels leave heaven to visit their home and sing for joy." Brahman proverb
3. "This world is nothing but a school of love; our relationships with our husband or wife, with our children and parents, with our friends and relatives are the university in which we are meant to learn what love and devotion truly are."
4. "From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven, and when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, the streams of light flow together and a single brighter light goes forth from that united being."
Ba'al Shem Tov
5. "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." Rumi
6. "You may try a hundred things, but love alone will release you from yourself. So never flee from love--not even from love in an earthly guise--for it is a preparation for the supreme Truth." Yiddish Saying
7. "Do not waste time bothering whether you 'love' your neighbor; act as if you did. As soon as we do this we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you loved someone you will presently come to love him." C.S. Lewis
8. "Love never claims, it ever gives; love never suffers, never resents; never revenges itself. Where there is love there is life; hatred leads to destruction."
9. "If our love is only a will to possess, it is not love. If we only think of ourselves, if we know only our own needs and ignore the needs of the other person, we cannot love." Thich Nhat Hanh
10. "Bearing and nurturing, Creating but not owning, Giving without demanding,
Controlling without authority, This is love." Tao Te Ching, Chapter 10
More and more people are acquiring their own TENS Units because of the numerous advantages it gives. However, some are still afraid to mak...
I am planning to have a love story contest and it will start tomorrow July 11 and the last day of submitting the entries will be July 25. I ...
This is a story that i saw in the news about a Chinese Liu Guojiang. Here is his love story. The tale of a 70-year-old Chinese man who han...
I am sorry if i did not update this blog of mine. Sometimes I am confuse what to write but there are so many. Here are some of the love quot...
Today is the official day to start our contest and i am happy there are some people who are interested to join. Here is one of the entry tod...
awards baby accessories bible verse business cheat contest couples corner coupons courtship dating diamonds dieting dream EC dropper education family flower gift girls talk giveaway God's love greetings guest post health holidays home inspirational quotes inspirational story jobs lifestyle love love quotes love story marriage meme movie moving muscle online dating pagerank past love proposal quotes for loving heart real estate relationship romance roses shopping tax thanksgiving valentines day wedding invitations wish